Busy. . .Busy. . .Busy

Monday, July 21, 2008

Two months ago I made a priority to sit down and create a blog for myself (ah, well my oldest daughter did most of the "creating")  Well, nearly 8 weeks after my first post. . .I'm back! Great job, I know.  

Lots to do in the summer, with all five kids home on break (and all inside–northern California has been on fire for what seems like forever!) it's been a little difficult to get to the blog.  

The good news, I have been sewing and the fabric fairy (aka the mail lady) has brought me two wonderful boxes of yummy fabric, one from the Fat Quarter Shop–the Ava Rose collection by Tanya Whelan of Grand Revival; the next from a collaboration of Etsy sites the new line by Sandi Henderson of Portabellopixie, Farmer's Market.  

There will be several posts in the next few days of the wonderful things I hope to complete with all this fabric treasure!  Here's a peak at some other things I've been working on.


This skirt was a download pattern from Grand Revival using Sandi Henderson's first line Ginger Blossom.

Also, I just finished a quilt that I'll be teaching at our local quilt shop–Honey Run Quilter's this fall–I call it Summer Sherbet. . .it reminds me of the delicious watermelon sherbet I had while in Hawaii!

Oooh, and next is a little something I cooked up from the garden.  This past spring, we planted extra tomato plants so I could do some canning.  Here are some stewed tomatoes.  .  . they're yummy in the winter as part of my chili recipe!



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs