Long Time No Post

Monday, December 1, 2008

I seem to have this love-hate relationship with the holiday season. I love the change in the weather, the leaves turning, the wonderful aroma of holiday cooking, Christmas music on the radio (love that!). I enjoy working in the kids' classrooms–constructing oreo cookie turkeys, baking up spirit cookies (above–school colors of course–CHS Panthers–GO!) for football games and spending the evening with my oldest daughter baking 8 dozen rolls (from scratch) for the SH classroom at her high school. As many moms do, I go and go and go and then Geez (here comes the hate part). . . I'm tired. And oh, what's that. . .there are 22 people coming for Thanksgiving? Okay. . .? I have this horrible aversion to the word "No." I volunteer for everything, just ask my husband, my mom and my kids. Thus, my lack of blog posts. However, some time during the past six weeks, I have found a bit of time for quilting and. . . Evan's Heart.

When the twins began kindergarten (5 years ago. . .sniff, sobb) I learned one of the moms, Tonya, facilitates Evan's Heart, collecting quilts throughout the year for seriously ill/terminal infants and children. She then delivers them to Sutter Memorial Hospital in Sacramento the Tuesday prior to Thanksgiving, each and every year. Needless to say, I jumped right on that bandwagon and complete a quilt each year. This year, I was asked by one of our local Girl Scout troops to teach a one day quilting workshop giving each of the girls an opportunity to make a quilt for Evan's Heart. As you can see, they did awesome! I'm so very proud of them!

I was also able to make and donate three quilts this year myself. What a wonderful opportunity to help others. . .and to appreciate the health of my five little ones.

And now, with Thanksgiving put to bed for another year, and a week or two to breath before room mom duties kick into high gear, I'm hoping to add another post or two in the next few days. I'm working on a cute little project as a giveaway on December 3rd sponsored through Sew,Mama,Sew! 

Enjoy your holidays, be sure to give from the heart, it's the best gift of all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs