Fat Quarter Month Project #1 – Cozy Scarf

Tuesday, February 3, 2009


This past winter (if you can even call it that, it's been 70° for the past month–the benefits of sunny California) I've enjoyed making scarves with all types of embellishments. This is my latest endeavor. And I love, love, love it!  I'm posting this as part of February's Fat Quarter Month celebration over at Sew, Mama, Sew! I used only fat quarters–three different wools, a silk and two or three prints from Amy Butler's Daisy Chain collection. For the back I used a jersey knit–soft and cozy without a lot of bulk. The pattern is from Denyse Schmidt's book Quilts: Colorful Quilt & Patchwork Projects. I did modify the pattern a bit. The scarf is pieced together in 3 segments, I added 10" to the length of the center to allow for variety in the way it can be worn.

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely LOVE the Scarf...as a matter of fact I had recently been thinking of making some flannel scarfs out of some flannel fat quarters I have. Great minds think alike.
    I love checking out other's blogs and I was not disappointed when I saw yours. :) thanks for the inspiration. I will add you to my favorites and check back often.
    Helen in Mass.

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs