Orange-A-Licious

Sunday, February 22, 2009

I'm done with my quilt top for the OP Challenge 2009–well almost, the orange rick rack is a must, but I need to return to HRQ to buy more. . .must. . .have. . .more. . .rick rack! The blocks originally finished at 12", I cut mine down to 10", so I'd have a 42" square finished product—I didn't want to have to piece the striped border... I used four Kaffe Fassett fabrics for the main part of the quilt, the inner border is a Moda solid and the snappish stripe is from the Farmer's Market collection by Sandi Henderson.

This was oodles of fun, many of the participants made quilts with 20+ blocks, some used the block in a "wonky" fashion (gotta love that) and someone even made a bag! You can check out the photos here. Recipes and anecdotal stories were exchanged. I also visited blogs which were new to me! Thanks Pat, can't wait 'till the next one–woot!  

Happy Sunday!

6 comments:

  1. Now THAT is one lusciously, delicious quilt girl! ADORE the orange rick rack! Hmmmm, might have to go find some for mine too!!!! Must...have...orange...rick...rack! lol
    Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This quilt top is delicious! I love the striped fabric you used on the outer border - really finishes it off nicely! Sounds like a fun challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - your OP quilt is fabulous and I absolutely love the orange rick rack!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dorrie it's great! Thank you for the compliments on mine too. I would luv some of that ric rac right now...
    The snow is beautiful here, but too much for too long - it's as high as the minivans!!! (yahoo mail isn't cooperating today so found you here:))
    Enjoy the day

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs