Sewful Saturday

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Today I am lucky enough to be finishing up several projects. The quilt has been in progress for several months; mainly because each of the nine patches were sewn individually rather than strip sewn. Definitely worth the effort though. 

It's very shabby chic and it coordinates perfectly with the girls' room. I now just need to cut and piece the back, quilt and bind! The fabric is Seaside Rose (3 Sisters–Moda); it had sat all bundled up in it's nice little fat quarter stack for 3+ years before I could bring myself to open it and cut it up. The pattern is Carrie Nelson's Tag Sale. It's a good thing!

This pin is one I started last summer to match a bag and the pillowcase dress I made for Bethany–finished this by adding the button and pin closure to the back–all of a five minutes. 

More progress made on these blocks which are not turning out to be as wonky as I would have liked. But, I still like them. I'm thinking this will be a table topper or wall hanging. . .one more log cabin block and then maybe four star blocks to make an almost-wonky 9-patch.

Oh! I better not forget to mention the beautiful roses my oh-so-special husband gave me for Valentine's Day. They're pretty and wonderfully fragrant. We generally don't go out for Valentine's Day, neither of us are big on crowds, and John definitely does not like to wait in line to eat. We opted for homemade split pea soup and homemade bread. 

I feel so productive. . .well, I guess it's on to dinner (yum!), changing the laundry, baths, and other matters of domesticity.  Happy Valentine's Day!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I'm impressed with all your productivity! Don't you love Saturdays like that? I think I have those similar shabby chic fabrics - I love how you used them. And I love those flowers - just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs