Wonky Log Cabin Blocks

Monday, February 2, 2009

I've always considered myself to be a bit of a traditionalist when it came to sewing. Very linear. Well, I have a feeling that's all about to change. . .I've always loved floral fabrics (except for maybe those horrid teal ones from the 80's) and I love log cabin blocks. They're congruent and rhythmic to make. Well, this new wonky block craze has me hooked. I love mixing up the strip sizes. The two above are a start of a project yet to be determined. I'm finishing up a scarf using fat quarters to participate in Fat Quarter Month over at Sew,Mama,Sew! (the scarf will be my next post) and these blocks are the result of the scraps. The florals are Daisy Chain, but the centers are black wool and I've also added a blue silk. I'm hoping for a 10" finished block once they're complete. 

1 comment:

 
site design by designer blogs