Wow. . .What A Day!

Friday, February 20, 2009

I have too many irons in the fire today. . .bright side. . .they all have to do with sewing! First, I packed up all my FQ's for my buddies in the Sew Mama, Sew! fat quarter swap. They'll be in the mail tonight ladies. . .I hope you'll enjoy them and the other little surprises I included!

Next, I'm participating in the OP Challenge over at Pat Sloan's place—two blocks done!

Also, I'm attending the Friday Nite Live at my local quilt shop. . .isn't it the most quaint little store?  These sew nights happen once a month, always a potluck and we sew 'till midnight. Hayley (daughter #1 is coming with). This renovated house depicts old Chico. . .I love these old homes with their big steps and sunny front porches. . .and don't forget the basements! Lots of people from the midwest moved here during the late 1800's and coming from tornado country I guess they just assumed they needed a basement. No tornado's here. . .and basements are not the most secure place during an earthquake! But they are fun to play in (did my share of that in great grandma's house when I was small; the house actually isn't too far from the quilt shop. . . she would have loved that).

Tonight, I plan on working on the back of two quilts, one just a simple pieced back, the other has a design–and on paper looks very geometric, the back may turn into the front! I also should put together more OP blocks. . .geez, it's starting to sound like a chore list. . .guess I'll have to suffer through.  

Enjoy your Friday night!

3 comments:

  1. Love the colors in those blocks! How was your Friday sewing night? I would love to organize something like that around here - sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your block colors are wonderful! You are so lucky to be able to get to Honey Run. At PIQF they are my absolute favorite booth, but Chico is a loooooonnnnng way from Monterey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dorrie,
    I love the colors in your OP Challenge quilt. And the Orange Ric Rac is the perfect accent. I just had to say Hello! and send a comment when I saw Honey Run Quilters and realized that you're just an hour away!
    Carol in Fair Oaks, CA

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs