Sew Many Projects

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

I'm one of those sewists that have 5 or 6 projects all going at once. I've been working on my coins for the Coin Quilt 2009 Piece-a-Long

I started this project from my sketchbook.  I'm hoping to finish it in time to teach it at HRQ this summer. Yes, it involves LOTS of half square triangles. You may notice the triangle paper–one of my favorite notions! I like to use it because it guarantees perfect, accurate half-square triangles. . .no wonkiness here! These will be used in zig-zags on a coordinating background of planes, trains and boats. Along the bottom, I'll paper piece sailboats against a blue cloud fabric, the perfect little boy quilt! 

Also, this week, I've been trying to tie up a lot of loose ends–get it. . . thread. . . loose ends. . . okay, okay. . .my kids didn't laugh either; however, when I began to sing "I'm Bringin' Stitchin' Back" to the music (I use that term loosely) of Justin Timberlake's I'm Bringin' Sexy Back. . . that did make them laugh, but I digress. . .

Back to sewing. I finished the quilt backs for this project as well as for this one. And made this back for a quilt I just finished. This is my first scrappy back. I like the idea of a pieced back to coordinate the top. 

Happy sewing all!

2 comments:

  1. You have a longarm? I have always wanted to try that.

    Looks like you are keeping busy with fun stuff. Can't wait to see your coin quilt!

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs