Sew News and a Birthday Too!

Sunday, March 29, 2009

I'm starting today with my Sunday Stash. This is my fat quarter bundle of Katie Jump Rope by Denyse Schmidt. The mail fairy brought it to me this week. Also, my latest acquisition from Amazon–Material Obsession. What a great book, the photos alone are worth the price, not to mention the projects. . .

I also finished my Coin Quilt for the 2009 Piece-A-Long. The piece off to the right will be the back and I plan to dig through my stash for a pink plaid for the binding.

I'm quite happy with the end result, pink and brown are so scrumptious together.

I've also continued auditioning options for these four wonky log cabin blocks I made some time ago. I just can't seem to find a setting I like. I am fond of the background fabric show here. I may have to make a few more blocks then try again.

On the home front, these two celebrated their 10th birthday on the 23rd. I cried a little as I frosted their cakes. There's something about double-digits that always makes me feel a little blue. I love them more than words can express. Their day to day relationship with one another never ceases to amaze me, multiples really do have a special bond.

They had a great day! The grandparents came, we enjoyed the requested spaghetti dinner with Dad's famous cheese bread, cake, ice cream, and gifts including Littlest Petshop and Legos.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful quilts! And happy birthdays to your kids! (They grow up so fast it takes one's breath away.)

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs