Sunday, April 19, 2009

Sunday Stash–Lightning Bugs & Other Mysteries

Well, it's Sunday again and I wanted to share one of my favorite stash groupings. It's Lightning Bugs & Other Mysteries by Heather Ross. It's rare in a fabric collection that I love every single piece, but this is definitely one of those. My stash had dwindled down to just a few small pieces, until about a month ago. 

Heather Ross had just released her new book Weekend Sewing (fab-u-loso) and her new fabric line Far, Far Away was just about to hit the shelves. I had a fabric attack. I was still in love with Lightning Bugs & Other Mysteries. . .not to mention Mendocino and certain pieces of West Hill (I'll save those for another post). Actually, now that I revisit this photo, I see a piece from West Hill in there (oops!)

As I'm sure many of you have done, I went searching for some of my favorite pieces. I was shocked (to say the very least) to find some of the pieces were selling for as much as $40 a yard (um, I don't think so). I then went about it the old-fashioned way, visiting quilt shops. First, I checked HRQ and there wasn't any-or was there-in the basement tucked away in a dark corner. Who would put that in the basement! Teresa brought it out for all to buy, including me for $9.00 yard (okay then).

Next, I phoned Bonnie at Sugar Pine, and she had the happy camper vans on pink and and a fat quarter left in blue! Also, the bicycles on white and pink and the frogs and lily pads on olive. Score! My fabric karma was once again in balance. Aaah!

Thus, my Sunday Stash for this week. Don't forget to stop over at the flicker group to see what everyone is sharing. Hope all of you have a pleasant week and find a little time to sew something pretty. I'll be busy trying to finish store samples for the summer schedule.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, what a great selection to have in your stash! I really love these, but I only have the pink and yellow polka dots. I wonder if I'll have any luck finding anymore of the prints.

    Have you made anything yet with these?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've been trying to find those camper vans forever...what a great find!! can't wait to see what you do with them.

    ReplyDelete