Daisy Chain Everlasting

Saturday, May 30, 2009

It all started with a fat quarter tower of Daisy Chain by Amy Butler. I used just a little at first to make this. And then I made these which I finally decided to make into this table runner. . .
I then moved onto this. . .
Well, there is still some left! And this is only about 1/4 of the stack. To be honest, there is a bit of Midwest Modern 2 thrown in, the remnants of a solid blue used as a binding, and the remaining yardage used for the setting triangles on the table runner, but honestly, I'm beginning to think it multiplies while I sleep!
Since I've been in a scrappy mood lately (wonky stars, wonky cabins etc.,) I thought, what the heck, let's make one more. . .so this is the beginnings of a quilt for my daughter who is graduating high school, it won't be done in time for graduation, but it will by the time her 18th roles around in July. 
It's made completely of strips and left over squares. I precut 8 1/2" squares from a bolt of muslin I keep for string quilts and other foundation projects. The squares serve as a foundation for the strips to keep them from being distorted as they're sewn (and no paper to remove). I've trimmed the blocks down to a 7 1/2" square using a ruler of the same dimension. The center will measure a 56" square once completed, with 24 of these finished, I only have 40 left (yes, I'm a "my glass is half full" person); and the blocks go super fast because the strips are already cut! Maybe the Daisy Chain Scrap Stash will finally be depleted. 

3 comments:

  1. Oh wow, how weird is this - I just finished a mini quilt this afternoon with these exact same fabrics! And I have charm squares of the same collection cut for a bigger quilt. I think I even used some of the same solids. We sure do have similar taste - how cool is that! I absolutely love your string-quilt in progress! And I love that quilt and table runner too - so perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Choose the best Modern Side Tables India for your home at theurbandecor.com.They provide a designer furniture to make your dreams become real.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found your blog throug the Sew, Mama, Sew giveaway day, and I LOVE your table runner! I am contemplating using the Daisy Chain fabrics for a table runner that will actually be a dresser runner--my dresser is new and pretty, and I am paranoid about scratching it up! Thanks for the (further) inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs