Leftovers & Pot Holders

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

It's been a busy week! Outside chores have kept me on my toes. My oldest son, John and I put in our summer garden. . .I know, I know, LATE, but sometimes our growing season runs into November. So, I'm going with the better late than never mahantra. With that, the kids and their play dates, sport camps and routine summer activities, I still managed to finish this quilt top. The coins are leftovers from Dana's quilt along. I plan to put a scrappy binding on each using the remaining focal fabric strips so they'll be a match set. 

I picked this little book  up at one of the local Q shops with the desire of tackling some smaller projects. This book is filled with REALLY cute ideas.  
So, I think I'll begin with these. I love the apple-pear print from Alexander Henry.
And I love the polka dots with the Metro Market apples accented with this pretty green.

If I can bear to cut into it, I'd like to combo this Flea Market Fancy print with the Metro Market cherries and solid red.
I'm also fond of this girly girl pink and black combo with the rick rack~all left over from this quilt. These should be quick and easy and a great opportunity to perfect my binding skills!

Do you have small projects in mind this summer? I'd love to see them!

3 comments:

  1. Love your new coin quilt! And all those lovely fabrics you are showing off! I am attempting to finish up some quilts before starting any new projects, but I'm not getting them done too quickly. Would love to have time make more mini quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your fabric choices and combinations. I especially love that leftovers are no longer left over!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore your coin quilt!!! too cute =] And thanks for the feedback about my book - I hope you enjoy every second making your own creations from inside the pages!

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs