Playing Catch Up

Friday, June 5, 2009

Last week I visited one of my favorite bloggers, Dana at Old Red Barn Co.  and discovered a mystery Sew-Along she's hosting. I was a bit behind, the directions for week #2 had just been posted, so I've been playing catch up. 

I started off a little frustrated, I couldn't decide which fabrics to use. I have 1/2 yard cuts of several of the prints from Tanya Whelan's Darla, Amy's Midwest Modern 2 and Heather Bailey's Pop Garden. I finally selected Farmer's Market by Sandi Henderson, I threw in a red polka dot to give it some spark and I included one Ginger Blossom print. Selection process done.
I went to work pressing and cutting. So, now I'm here! The 3rd week instructions are to group these strips into strip sets and sew, Sew, SEW! Once this is done, they'll need to be cut into subsets. With 84 of these to make strip sets with I'd better get going! I hope to be all caught up Monday; ready for the next set of instructions.

Join us~the link is on my sidebar. . .one can never have enough works in progress it keeps the creative side motivated. . . at least that's what I tell myself!


4 comments:

  1. I am behind too and will be posting my fabric later today! Love the fabric you chose, sooo pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to do this, but I have too many other things in progress. It looks like so much fun! And you picked some beautiful fabrics - they look great together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yippee, I'm so happy to see you're joining in the fun! I love the fabrics you selected. This is going to be a gorgeous quilt. Happy sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, isn't that fabric gorgeous? I agree, you can never have too many projects going on at one time!

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs