Pot Holder Heaven

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Well, here's the first one~all done. This was so easy to make and so cute, much more attractive than most you find in the store. Modeling with my oh-so-cherry pot holder are yummy homemade rolls which will be gracing our dinner table this evening.This particular version has a pocket so it can be used as an oven mitt. I used iron on stabilizer to help it keep it's shape, a single layer of cotton batting and a layer of Thermoflec (a silver heat resistant fabric) just to be safe. My plan is to make a matching trivet and a pair of oven mitts to go with. This was so fun. . . and I was even able to finish the hand-sewn binding in one sitting. Aaaah, happiness. . .

3 comments:

  1. That's super cute. I love your choice of fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this project! Such great fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's just darling dorrie. i love the fmf combined with the cherries!

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs