Project Checklist–I Really Need to Make One

Sunday, June 14, 2009

This week my focus while sewing has completely unraveled. It's been a case of "one thing leads to another. . ." I've managed to complete the rows of my Sew-Along quilt. My squares measure 12" finished and it's set in a 6 x 6 arrangement; I like the 72" square it's nice and big!
And I had these left over. I had so many, in fact (yes, I made extra strip sets), there seems to be enough for a good sized coin quilt.
Here's where I completely lost it. While pressing my strip sets, I took a good hard look at my ironing board cover, and EW! So, I threw it in the wash and this is what it looks like CLEAN. Yes, okay, I need a new cover. 

Bethany had a birthday party to go to, so I went to JoAnn's to find a new cover for my BigBoard. . .no luck. I started thinking about how I love, love, love my denim couches, and made my way to the rack of denim. Do you see where this is going?
My Sew Along quilt has now turned to a coin quilt which turned to an ironing board cover with coins! AAAhhh! I need help.

I didn't want to staple the new cover to the board because I like being able to remove and wash it, so I made a casing and adding 1/4" elastic. It's perfect and I love it. I will never buy another cover again. I added another layer of batting  to loft it up a bit. I folded and stored the old one to use as a pattern.

Something I have to stay focused on today is our farm, I have chores. Much of our fruit is ripe and needs to be picked. I am taking my camera out with me, so I can share a bit of my farm with you. 

Enjoy your Sunday!

3 comments:

  1. Ooooh, I love your quilt for the quilt along! Such fabulous fabrics and colors! It looks like a great size too. By the way, we have denim couches too! Great idea to make a denim ironing board cover. I am in desperate need of a new cover too, but I just don't feel like it! Have fun picking fruit and doing chores today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom, I looovvee it! The quilt-along quilt looks fantastic! As does your ironing board cover--how creative! Don't work too hard today :) love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i was going to buy a new ironing board cover this past weekend but i couldn't justify the $12 price tag. i KNEW i could make it cheaper than that. it's on my projects list! i LOVE your cover with the coins on it. perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs