A Bump In The Road, A Birthday & A New Quilt Along

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

My blogland friend Nicole refers to a difficult situation in life as a bump in the road~I had one last week. When life rolls along smoothly and then all of a sudden something happens which stops us right in our path, it reminds us life is short and gives us a new perspective. Perspective received. Along with the bump came these from our new chickens~look at the tiny one~its diameter is about that of a quarter~how cute!
My little sewing studio may as well have been an empty room for as much time I've spent there over the past week, but this morning I pulled on my big girl boots and jumped back in. I'm participating in the Good Ol' Summertime Mini Quilt Swap and there's some pictures beginning to surface~check them out, it's amazing how creative everyone is! I'm thinking of using some of my Darla by Tanya Whelan for my project or maybe for this next bloggy project.
Dana of  The Old Red Barn Co. along with Amy of ParkCityGirl are hosting another Quilt Along. As we all put the finishing touches on the last quilt, these two gals have put together another project which has elicited quite a bit of excitement and some cheeky humor as well. We're doing a zigzag quilt this time around using half-square triangles. These are the fabrics I've chosen to work with. The fun begins Monday~check out the flickr group and be sure to join us.
There's also been a BIG birthday at our house. Hayley turned 18! She wouldn't let me post a picture of her because we were all in bathing suits and out by the pool (a lovely 104°), but here's her cake. Chocolate, chocolate, and more chocolate. . .I'll sneak in another photo later.

Enjoy your day, your families and your craft. 

2 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear about your bump in the road! Prayers to you to help you get through it.

    How funny that the one egg was so tiny. Silly chickens!

    I'm happy to hear you're in the next mini quilt swap. Love your fabric selection for the next quilt-along!

    Happy birthday to the birthday girl! What a great age. Hope she whoops it up today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i hope the bump was just a small one. congrats to the 18th birthday girl! take good care!
    ps...love those fabrics!

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs