Simply Quilted

Saturday, July 4, 2009

Here's my nearly finished product for Old Red Barn Co.'s Sew-Along. 
I think it reflects all things summer~crisp color, easy lines, uncomplicated.
Bev, from B&B did the beautiful machine quilting~I love the little loopy hearts!
Looking at it makes me want to lay it out on the lawn and have a picnic.
Since I've been on this orange kick lately and since there's an orange fabric or two in the top I thought this orange polka dot to be perfect for the back. You should have heard my girls go crazy once they saw the back. They liked the top, but when I flipped it to show them the back they went wild~then it was love! It still needs binding, something solid to frame all the color~maybe dark aqua. . .
Hey, what about this~speaking of summer and quilts. . . it should be fun, too!

Happy 4th of July~enjoy your weekend!

5 comments:

  1. You're right, it's the perfect summer quilt, and I love it. Especially those loopy hearts. So glad to see you entered the mini quilt swap too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this quilt.
    I just found your blog via the ORBC flickr group.
    Looking forward to hearing more about your crafting.
    Andi :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful quilt and great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE that quilt, but the back totally extra makes me LOVE it! What a great color combo! Thanks for stopping by and linking, -Allison

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fantastic quilt - the colours are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs