Back In Action

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Took a little break from blogging last week as well as from sewing. School began for the kids, well at least the younger 4~Hayley starts college next week, locally, but her job at a local flower shop has kept her busy. Me too, of course, with all of the start-of-school festivities~ shopping, meeting teachers, and driving all over town like a crazy taxi.
I have managed to play catch up with my 9-patch blocks. There's 30 now, quite a stack and approaching the half-way point.
I picked these fabrics up. I love pink and brown.
I thought these April Shower Girls would make cute centers for Maverick log cabin blocks.
My FQ bundle of Mezzanine arrived this past week too. It's so pretty!

Tomorrow I have a very fun post! My good friend Terri sent me something very cute that I just can't put down. . .it's adorable.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Because I'm feeling my Irish roots today, I'll leave you with this bit from an Irish Friendship Limerick. . .
May you always find blue skies
above your head,
Shamrocks beneath your feet,
Laughter and joy a plenty,
Kindness from all you meet,
Good friends and kin to miss you
If ever you choose to roam,
And a path that's been cleared by angels
Themselves bringing you safely home.

1 comment:

  1. Nice to see you're back in action! I can't believe school started already for your 4-year old. Seems early, but then again, summer flew by! I adore my Mezzanine bundle too. Cool limerick - I haven't seen one of those in a long time!

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs