A String Quilt

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

FINALLY! Geez, I was beginning to wonder if I'd ever finish this project. It was a labor of love, however~my daughter Hayley's graduation/18th birthday quilt. The quilt is made of 64 blocks finishing at 8" squares. There's really no rhyme or reason to the fabrics except they're all Amy Butler Daisy Chain and Midwest Modern prints (exceptions being the solid fabrics).
The back is a Kona solid with some leftover scraps added for interest.

Oh, happy day!

5 comments:

  1. This has turned out beautiful, I really like your color choices. I made 3 paper pieced string quilts this year, and you always have so many strips left over, it seems its easier to begin another one than to put the leftovers away. I'm thinking that spiderweb next... : } pokey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, you finished it and it looks fabulous! I made a string-pieced mini quilt but really want to make a full quilt like this. Love it! Tell Hayley I'm jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It turned out lovely! On my list of quilts to make!

    ReplyDelete
  4. FANTASTIC!!! I just finished a string quilt. Do you mind if I ask you how you quilted it???? That's stumping me.

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs