A Last Little Slice of Summer

Saturday, September 19, 2009

It's all finished~my Good Ol' Summertime Mini Quilt Swap project! And with 2 days to spare! The guidelines indicated projects had to be mailed no later than September 21st, well there you have it. . .right down to the wire. It was such a fun little project to make. My only bump in the road with this project was having my walking foot decide to die right as I began to quilt it. You see, my sewing machine is a Husqvarna Designer 1 and our local dealer closed her doors in April. So my options were, the internet or to drive 60 miles either north or south of Chico to purchase a replacement. Didn't want to do either. So, I looked in my Husqvarna Foot Book hoping for some divine intervention. Found it!

It just so happens, my machine came with a presser foot which collaborates with this wavy stitch. Everything automatically adjusts and no feed dogs to drop. . .devine intervention at its finest. I'm so happy with the results.

I hope my San Diego swap pal enjoys this last little slice of summer.

Happy weekend all. . .

4 comments:

  1. Oh -- I like the wavy stitch. I've never seen anything like it! Did you design the pattern for your quilt?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sound so calm in describing your solution to your problem with that walking foot - I'm impressed. I love how the wavy quilting line looks. This is such a beautiful quilt, with the pink splash of color. You have a lucky partner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty little quilt - I'm partially to black and white with a splash of something! What a pain with your walking footbut kudos to to have been able to finish this quilt off beautifully with that wavy stitch!

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs