Rome Wasn't Built In A Day

Sunday, September 27, 2009

It was either Rome wasn't built in a day or somewhere there's a village missing its idiot (me). I love these little houses which are growing in popularity around blogland, but OMG if I didn't have the hardest time figuring these little guys out. The frightening thing is, I have a piece of paper from the California State University system saying I'm mathematically inclined. Arrgh! But after two attempts ending in failure, I think I've got it~

This first block is for my Bee buddy, Anna. We're all making a 9" finished block for her. The background is light gray to represent the wet weather of the Pacific Northwest.
She'll also receive this partial block, there wasn't enough gray to finish the block, but I'm sure she'll work it in somewhere. I'm really excited to see all of these little houses form a small city.
And here's one for me! Will I continue making an entire village (LOL), I'm not quite sure. Ten little fabric cottages may make a cute wall hanging for my kitchen which is 6 days out from fresh paint and new flooring!

7 comments:

  1. good for you, dorrie! total cuteness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, I really LOVE these house blocks! They are so adorable. I have seen them around more and more lately. I have been wanting to try them but haven't made the time to figure them out, maybe cuz I'm mathematically challenged too. Great job, Dorrie! Looks fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh yeah!!! they are so cute, can't wait to get them and start building my neighborhood:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. your house blocks are cute. hope you can decorate your kitchen with some more soon...sounds like you will!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am not going to be able to sleep tonight as I continue to find more little houses as i peruse your blog. Love the crispness of the pinks and torquoises with the white.

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs