October Recap

Monday, November 2, 2009

November? I'm still trying to work my way through October! This probably accounts for my lack of posts. Lots of volleyball games and various other kid-related obligations has kept me away from my blog and my sewing machine. I sure hope November will be different.
There was a BIG birthday this past month. Cassidy, daughter #2 turned 13. Yes, I am now the proud mama to 3 teenagers (God, help me) and 2 ten year olds. Where does the time go? This little sweetie was voted best all around player of her volleyball team during the end of season team dinner. You should see her serve. . .oh, my!
I did manage a bit of sewing. I finished my Disappearing 9-patch quilt top. I deviated from my initial plan deciding against the raw silk, but kept with the linen. I also added the flying geese border to dress it up a bit. I love this fabric, Rouenneries, it definitely makes my favorite collections list.
Let's not forget a bit of Halloween fun! Bethany wanted to be a veterinarian~not very scary, but everyone thought she was cute and at once house, the kitties followed her out of the house and down the path~animals know a good heart when they see one!
Oh, and my ninja boy, Colby! Again, not very scary, but he did a little ninja warrior demonstration for several people. Grandma thought he looked more like a cat burglar. . .nice.
Here's a UFO I completed in October. Well, almost~it needs to be quilted. It's a giant, so off to the long arm gal it goes. The colors are more subtle than they appear. The fabrics are from a 3 Sister's line~Maison de Noel. Our lovely sunny weather hardly lends itself to the appeal of a Christmas quilt.
We had one good rain here 3 weeks ago, and sunny 80° days ever since. It has my lilies confused.
Evidently, it has some of the wildflowers confused, as well. The hibiscus has new blooms too and we're still picking tomatoes.

Happy November, everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great month of October! Your Rouenneries quilt is quite gorgeous. How fun to have THREE teenagers in the house - LOL. I'm sure they keep you busy and sharp. Hope your November is off to a good start.

    Can't believe your flowers are so confused! They sure are pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love both quilts ! I just started a disappearing 9 patch yesterday. Enjoy the kids...they won't be teenagers for long. Soon, they'll be adults. Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy november to you too! i love the gray in that quilt...i've been collecting grays. you'll have some new gray hair with another teen in your life!

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs