Happy New Year!

Monday, January 4, 2010

Hello everyone! I hope your holidays were merry and bright! It was VERY busy around the Richer household this past December. Gifts for teachers, baking, shopping, family, more baking (so much in fact I have developed a wonderful case of tendonitis is my right arm!) We also had a small disaster two days before Christmas~our wonderful Soma bed struck a leak~wet carpets, wet bedding~the whole works. We decided not to replace the bag and purchased a new conventional bed with a most comfortable pillowtop mattress. I will sleep better at night
knowing my bed isn't going to destroy my entire bedroom floor!

Along with Christmas and New Year's I've been plugging away at a few projects~first, my Fall Mini Quilt Swap~all pinned and ready for machine quilting. I'll have to hurry~it has to be in the mail by January 18th. I hope my swapper enjoys this, it's all done in creme, brown and orange for a truly autumn feel.
December was Heidi's month to receive Quilter Bee blocks. I love the fabrics she chose~Aster Manor from Moda. They're so feminine and soft. Here's her block.
I've also been working on this half-hexagon quilt. I was really excited when I came across this quilt along, not too excited about a paper template, however. Well, Fons & Porter came through! I used a "jelly roll" of Kaffe Fassett and F&P's hexagon ruler~I really love this! And the ruler allows you to make several sizes of hexagons and half-hexagons. I'll be making another of these, I'm sure!
I've also pulled together from my scrap basket these blue/green fabrics for the Birthday Block Swap I'm participating in. Both Amanda and Cari have requested blue/green fabric combos~ hope these'll do. I've included my very favorite Kaffe polka dot!

Be back later this week!

6 comments:

  1. I love all the projects you've shared today, especially your half hexagon quilt! And so sorry to hear about your mini flood! What a thing to happen right before the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year to you too! I can't believe the timing of your bed breaking down. I have always wanted a pillow-top mattress. I bet it feels heavenly.

    You sure have been busy AND productive. That hexagon project looks pretty complicated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS - forgot to say that I love the colors in that hexagon quilt. Kinda reminds me of the changing colors of the ocean.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love, love all the quilts and blocks and fabric you've picked out!

    you'll be busy, but I bet there's a smile on your face!

    Happiest of 2010 to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My first time visiting your blog, I found you thru Terri. I love all the projects you have going on, your blog is really inspirational. I'm looking forward to following along!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun blog you have...I came over from Terri's I'll definitely be back!

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs