A Little In Progress Work

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Not much time spent in the sewing room lately~the kids have been sick and then I managed to get it too. And I've been working quite a bit at HRQ. But I have managed to cut the fabrics for a simple throw I've been wanting to make (based on this quilt of Ashley's). I've recently acquired a love for Kaffe Fassett fabrics, I just love all of the florals~maybe I'm wishing Spring to arrive.
I've completed Theresa's blocks~she's our January Quilter Bee. She requested blocks based on Kaffe Fassett's Jewel Squares quilt. She sent each of us some of Denyse Schmidt's Hope Valley fabrics~ something else I'm loving at the moment! Anna made this block and I'm wishing it were mine.

I haven't forgot about my blog awards, ladies. I'll post them this week. My goal is to be more consistent with my posts hoping to reach my 100th blog post by my birthday in May. And in honor of this momentous occasion I will be hosting a giveaway!

4 comments:

  1. Ashley's throw is fabulous, and I'm sure it will look incredible with all those Kaffes (+ a little Amy). Great bee blocks, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fabrics in that first photo look gorgeous! Going to make a fab quilt project. I love the blocks you made for your bee - very cool effect with the blacks and whites.

    Sorry to hear you guys have been sick! Get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sew wishing it were spring, but I appreciate you sharing the lovely fabrics with us to get us ready for warmer, more colorful weather.

    sorry to hear about the germies floating around your house. tis the season, unfortunately.

    the gray block is simply beautiful, but I like the blocks you've made too.
    Spring is next month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's hard enough to get things done when there is no sickness in the house. i hope all the ickies are gone. love those fabrics...i'm wishing for spring too.

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs