Weekend Projects & Some Leftovers

Sunday, January 17, 2010

For a while now I've been wanting to build one of those wonky neighborhoods. Jacquie has done some very cute little mini's which I just L.O.V.E. This quilt is very much based on those minis. And in the center of all this, a very splashy sunshine (again, a Jacquie inspiration). I've just begun the quilting. . .
The quilt itself is a 46" square. It's a blend of raw edge and pieced blocks. I just had to add a clothesline with some laundry courtesy of my Kaffe scraps.
We also have a bit of leftover Christmas spirit, in the form of cookie dough. It makes me smile when the Christmas spirit is so easily sparked by something so "everyday" as cookie dough. I brought the forgotten dough in from the outside fridge (yes, 5 kids require 2 fridges), and all of a sudden, here come the cookie cutters, the sprinkles, the Christmas music, and a Christmas episode of Scooby-doo. The kids had so much fun with this. . .even the older two thought it was fun. All 5 of my kids gathered 'round the kitchen table, laughing, humming Christmas carol's and chasing stray sugar crystals. Christmas without all the stress. Totally fun!

Enjoy this long weekend courtesy of Dr. King.

Oh, and being the huge football fan that I am. . .GO CHARGERS!

8 comments:

  1. I love the after Christmas cookie party idea! Wonderful! And your clothes line looks so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooooh your clothesline is sooo cute and so you! i can't wait to see it all finished. way to go, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love love love the sweet clothesline. Must be the theme for the month because i keep finding adorable mini wonkie neighborhoods. Yours is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love jacquie's clothesline quilts! Yours is just adorable! I love the patchwork tree tops. What a fabulous project this is going to be!

    Your cookie party sounds fun, and those cookies look delicious. Love all the bright colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've been nominated for a Lemonade Stand Award over on my blog. Thanks for always making me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the clothesline/clothes hanging between the two pieced trees! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been eyeing the clothesline quilts from Jacuie for awhile. I really need to make one. Your's is adorable!!

    Are you staying dry? Thos storms are a doozy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs