Books, Quilts and Fab Photography

Thursday, April 22, 2010

I love books. Especially books about color, photography and quilts. . . These are my newest favorites.
Simple Shapes, Spectacular Quilts is the latest Kaffe Fassett book. The projects are beautiful. The photography is amazing~it's a coffee table must have even if quilting is not your thing. This quilt is made up of fussy cut snowball blocks.
This is a very simple pattern pulling blues and greens together into a Poseidon's palette. This would be great in my sun room!
The other book, Kiln Formed Glass, was actually a buy for my husband who recently purchased a studio full of glass blowing equipment. As with all crafts, there is a certain amount of crossover in color theory. This is what drew me to this book, her application of color is vibrant and really draws on the color wheel for inspiration. This plate reminds me of a Kaffe Fassett print. . .
Aqua and orange~love.
Look~another Kaffe print! I may have to try this myself, our local String Bead is offering a fused glass course over the summer and one of the local adult education programs is offering a silver smithing class~maybe there's a necklace or a hip little bracelet in my future. . .

4 comments:

  1. The Poseidon colors are amazing! So are the glass dishes. They're just fantastically fabulous and so very inspirational!

    A lot like your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both books look very intriguing to me!! Always love Kaffe and the glass you show there is beautiful!!! I'd love to see some glass creations on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there, I love your new header! Those fabrics are so gorgeous. I have been dying to buy this new Kaffe book. Everything I go to the bookstore or fabric store, I look through it. Love that snowball quilt. That is so cool to hear your husband bought glass blowing equipment. I've tried kiln formed glass - it's awesome! You would love the silver smithing class too! Wish I could take them with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! And a good reminder that the Kaffe book is waiting for me at the library! Can't wait to pour through it!

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs