It's All Black and White

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Just a short little post today~it seems like life is getting in the way of my blog~the nerve! This block was one of two I made for Quilt Rush 2010 (a Northern California Shop Hop). The guidelines this year were for each store to pick/create a block using only blacks and whites. Each shop owner received a pattern from each of the other shops. In the final quilt the shop owner's block was to have a splash of color. Carmen asked each of us to make a block or two and here's my contribution. Once the quilt is hung in the store for Quilt Rush (it's next week!) I'll photograph the entire project~all the blocks turned out so cute!

Now I'm off to catch up on a few of my favorite bloggers Terri, Beth and Dee. . .


5 comments:

  1. I love it! I think the most striking thing about this block is those black points. I do love the fussy cut bird in the center, but those points look so jagged and tough, really framing the star. I can't wait to see the final quilt. What a cool thing to be a part of - Quilt Rush - kinda like Greek Rush on college campuses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooohhh. In awe of the cuteness of it all! Not normally a black and white fan (or if you're Sir Paul and the New King-Ebony and Ivory lol sorry, it's been a long morning already!), but I just love this!!!! The little guy in the center is just toot sweet or tweet sweet!

    Thanks for your kind words. They are a balm to a ruffled heart!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ps.

    Javi liked it and says it's "cute for a girl"!

    The points are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ps, forgot to tell you I love your header!

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs