Sweet Life. . .It's In The Bag

Thursday, April 29, 2010


My latest non-quilted endeavor. . .The Ella Carry-All Bag by Tanya Whelan. Used some Make Life Sweet by Sweetwater for Moda. May I say, I'm in love! The outer bag is made with the *WONDERFUL* canvas prints and the lining is made from the cotton text print.
I'm not generally a big pattern person, but this is an extremely well-written pattern. The directions are clear, and at no time did I say "huh?" The hardest part of the entire project was trying to turn the key fob rightside out~make a note~canvas fabrics require only a LIGHT interfacing~it took me 45 minutes to turn that little monster. The front pockets are roomy~an easy fit for water bottle, iphone and wallet. The key fob has a velcro closure to secure your keys to the inside of the bag. Easy to install grommets gives the bag a nice finish and some canvas tie brings it all together.

Yes, the girls are fighting over it. . .but for now it's a store sample for HRQ. Have no fear, HRQ just received the canvas prints of Freebird by MoMo ~I don't think I'll see a dime of my check this month from the store~I think it's all part of Carmen's evil plan. . .


7 comments:

  1. Yes, I too am under that spell. I have to drive by there at least twice a day...my car just naturally turns in....I feel like it has fabric gps is that fps????

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see why the girls are fighting over that bag. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in love with this bag! I'll be adding this to my wish list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My little eyeballs just popped when I saw this. My mouth made a little "oh" and I fell in love!

    I'm not s purse person, but this bag rocks! I thought it looked exactly like something Vera Bradley would make. It's that professional looking!

    Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous bag! I am not a big bag carrier either, so I'm glad to hear this size worked for you. What a pleasure to make a pattern that is so well written.

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a cute bag!! i need to try some bag patterns. you just can't have too many!! :)

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs