Another Sweetwater Bag

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Had a bit of the canvas leftover from the Ella Carry-All bag I posted on last week. Enough, in fact, to make one more bag~a big, roomy book bag. Look at this great hand-painted ceramic button~the kids gave me a small pouch of pretty buttons on Mother's Day crafted by some local artisans, this is one of them. The lining is cotton, another whimsical Sweetwater print. I chose to reinforce the bottom with Timtex to give the bag some shape. The straps are wide and long, so it's perfect as an over the should sling.

Have a good weekend all~I'm off to a second day of tournament volleyball for daughters #2, and #3; going to help build a rocket for daughter #2, read a chapter of Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief with son #2; go grocery shopping and last but not least, make a birthday cake and potato salad for my father-in-law's birthday dinner this evening. . .geez, what weekend. . .

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a busy weekend in store for you. Good thing you will have such tasty nourishment, and such an adorable bag to carry! I love this new bag. That button is so pretty, and I love the fabric combo you put together. Enjoy those tournaments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bag is way too cute! and I love buttons too! What a thoughtful gift from your kiddoes!

    You are an awesome mom and I'm always in awe of all that you do and am thankful from the bottom of my heart for how much time you spend with them!

    You make Him smile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow we are reading the lightening thief too. My son loves it.

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs