Cozy

Sunday, May 9, 2010

My first Spring to Finish project. I originally began this quilt hoping to use 10" squares thinking it would be a great pattern to use for all the yummy layer cakes available. But to no avail. I moved on to fat quarters and well, here we are.
Sugar is the fabric line, by Art Gallery. A really pretty grouping. Actually, I'm thinking some new lounge pants are in order made from these same fabrics. Perfect summer colors~cozy.
Here's a couple of coffee cup cozies I whipped up before bed last night. These honestly take about 15 minutes~start to finish. I used the Tweet Tweet fabrics by Keiki~love the fish. Coincidentally, my friend Carmen is having a giveaway on her blog of these same fabrics~get on over there and sign up!
A Happy Mother's Day to all of you girls out there. These were awaiting me this morning~I absolutely L*O*V*E paper poppies. They press well and they're such a beautiful wildflower. Enjoy your day~I'm off to make a German Chocolate cake~coconut pecan frosting and all. It's going to be delicious, it's a favorite of mine.

5 comments:

  1. very pretty quilt dorrie! happy mother's day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for such a lovely finish! That quilt turned out gorgeous. Love your coffee cozies too. That's a good reminder that I need to make some. Happy Mother's day to you! Enjoy that incredible sounding cake!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilt is so lovely and the cake sounds scrumptious! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dorrie, I just love your quilt. The happy factor is certainly present! Good to see you this week (twice!) thanks for the good wishes with my Dad, and see you soon, Pam

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the quilt!! Do you have instructions available? Would love the cutting directions.

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs