Hexagons and Parenting 101

Sunday, May 30, 2010

I'm quite in love with hexagons. Especially being able to piece them in such clever fashion. This is the Kaffe jelly roll quilt. Completed with Fons & Porters hexagon ruler~best purchase ever!
And there's also this option. . . MoMo makes it hip and again, used a jelly roll. This is a Hexagon-A-Long project over at Old Red Barn Company. . .
But, there's also these handpieced little cuties of which I've been attempting to destash my scrap bin with; leftovers from this quilt.
And, also these from a FQ bundle (thank you Fat Quarter Shop) I purchased specifically for this purpose. These are larger, and no basting~just an iron and a lotta starch! I've got a plan for these which doesn't include hand piecing them all together~I'll be revealing the top secret plan in a later post. Giggles.

Oh, and I have to leave you with a bit of Parenting 101. When you're a mom of 5 and your kids are good kids~no drugs, no booze, good grades, nice friends, love sports and their vegetables~ you sometimes find yourself with one of those "my kids are the best kids in the whole entire world" attitudes. Yes, yes. Well, when one gets too full of herself sometimes life gives your a big ol' swat. I made the mistake of leaving the confines of the house. Daughter #3 decides to phone her best pal Sarah. Sarah's phone number is 891-1***, well let's see if you can figure out which number sticks on our house phone. . .yep, the 8. Sheriff picks up, Daughter #3 realizing what she'd done stutters, starts to cry and hangs up. Sheriff phones back, no answer. Sheriff dispatches deputy to our home. I bought a new phone. Never go outside. We weren't even through our 1st full day of summer break. Wow.

3 comments:

  1. Lol! That is halarious. I love your hexagon quilt. Wow! I think I need to be addicted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. friendship 101-been there, done that and will laugh with you in about 5 years when it really is funny!

    I love kids! God likes to keep us humble and they are the vehicles He can use to do it! One day, they will have kids of their own and we can sit back and just smile and thank God they're not our kids! just our grandkids!

    love the hexies. you have such a good eye for color! can't wait to see what gives you such happy giggles!

    peace!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love love love all your hexagon projects! I started the hexagon-along project, but haven't got very far yet. I really want to make a stash of hexagons, so I am going to look for that ruler to make it easier. Love your story about your daughter! I think I did that once or twice as a kid too. Luckily the Sheriff never showed up at our house - LOL!

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs