Totes and Some A-Team Magic

Thursday, June 3, 2010

I've completed quite a few projects this week~these two bags included. They're made with a soft blanket weight fabric, nice and slouchy. . .and in the 40% off closet at my LQS.
Tried my hand at snaps~easy peasy.
Also, a loop closure with a hand-painted wooden button~beautifully green.
Another wooden button~just for looks.

Have I ever blogged about how much I love A-Team television. These 4 guys were my favorite TV heros. I was their biggest fan. Honestly. I would stay home from school dances, ball games, the works, just to watch these guys be the vanguards of justice. I'm still a fan. I own 4 of the 5 seasons on DVD (season 5 with new writers and new story line was the series downfall). I listen to it while I sew. My daughter's volleyball team adopted one of Murdock's lines from one episode as their team slogan. . ."I'm a bird, I'm a plane, I'm a choo-choo train!"
And because of them I can't wait for this ~ because after all, there is no Plan B.

4 comments:

  1. Great totes, Dorrie! I love the fabric you used for the outside, which make them more sturdy... for all that gathering you're going to be doing when harvest time comes! Love the extra touches with the snap and loop closures too. How fun to have accomplished those new features. I had no idea you liked the A-Team. I bet you will love the new movie when it comes out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. such pretty totes..so pristine and elegant. simple. love 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  3. In our area we have a station called "RTV" (Retro Television) and they are playing some of the best shows --- A-Team is among them, plus my favorite: The Rockford Files. We have Airwolf, Kojak, Simon & Simon, and a few other fun ones, too. Oh, Adam-12 and Dragnet. It's really quite neat! Glad to find another A-Team fan....we grew up watching it along with The Dukes of Hazzard and The Lone Ranger. Ehh...yeah, we were a little dorky in the early 80's. *grin*

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs