A Few Summer Things

Saturday, July 31, 2010

It's hard to believe I've not posted one single thing since June~and tomorrow marks the 1st of August! We've had quite a busy month. Lots of fruits and vegetable growing on the farm. Blackberries have produced unbelievably this year~3 gallons per day, I've literally filled the freezer with them. Peaches are just now beginning to ripen; we'll move on from blackberry pie to peach cobbler.Warm weather has found my family in the pool each day and enjoying late night barbecues, poolside, of course.
Hexagons have been a favorite project of mine~I quartered a charm pack of Moda's Hunky Dory and baste them up a few at a time. I even made a little zipper pouch from some leftover canvas to tote them about.
More sewing includes an improv quilt made as a store sample for HRQ; it's not my usual style, but it's growing on me. It's made of the Gee's Bend solids. I love the fabrics, but they're definitely pre-washers!
I also have some new fabrics I've added to my stash. The toaster print will be pajama bottoms~I fell in love with this~it's super fun and the background is such a soft robin's egg blue.
Another new favorite is the Meadow Sweet 2 collection. I love yellow and aqua.
I'll leave you with a photo of one of our hibiscus blooms. I'm now off to redeem myself with my favorite bloggers; in neglecting my own blog, I've failed to sit down and keep up with virtual friends, Dee, Terry, Amanda and Beth. And the word on the street is, these ladies have some pretty interesting things to share.

3 comments:

  1. I really like that modern quilt. And thanks for the warning about prewashing...not my favorite task.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I want those blackberries! I wish we could grow them that well in NC. Peaches wow, you must have a nice farm, I am jealous :) I have always wanted to live on a farm. Now I am off to be as productive as you have been, you go girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are still alive! I figured you guys were busy between the farm and the pool. I love reading what's going on with your crops - blackberries and peaches, mmmmm. Sounds mouthwatering! Love those improv blocks, something I've always wanted to try!

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs