Modern Improv

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Still working on a name for this one~This was such a fun project; cutting strips and sewing them down~I did jot down some notes as I went, though. This is one of two projects I've recently patterned. The pattern jacket will be back from the printers on Monday, given I can come up with a name by Friday. I'm excited! Honey Run Quilters will be carrying the pattern and I've been contacted by other shops, as well. It will also be traveling to Pacific International Quilt Festival with HRQ. If you're in the area, stop by the booth and say hello to Carmen, Amanda and Theresa.
Speaking of Amanda, here's a Modern Improv based on a fractured crystals pattern. It's absolutely stunning! Lots of Kaffe~she loves Kaffe!
Theresa has also been busy, this is a pattern she calls Chocolate Patchwork. The original was done in all rich dark, prints thus the name. The current version is done in soft voile and quilted with wool batting~to die for! We photographed it here at the farm. Theresa has been asked to design a quilt for the cover of Quilter's Home this winter. I tease her of her celebrity status!

Well, it's off to detention sewing for me; I'm delinquent in my Bee Blocks for August. Enjoy your Labor Day weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on a great looking quilt with pattern too!! Wow!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All these quilts are so beautiful! I especially love the green/brown one in the middle. Great color combo and love that crazy block. Love to see how busy you are keeping with your sewing life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww you are going to be famous :) Love the quilt!

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs