The Ruthie Clutch

Sunday, December 12, 2010

This was my first attempt at the Ruthie Clutch by Anna Maria Horner. I was looking for a pattern which I could incorporate some of the wonderful wools we have at HRQ. This patterns seemed to accommodate that desire. I chose a cotton for the body of the bag; wool for the band and a dupioni silk in mist for the lining.
The pattern itself is well written and has detailed diagrams.
And I *love* her non-buttonhole technique! I work tomorrow, I wonder what other cotton/wool combinations I can come up with. . .

4 comments:

  1. Wow! This is so classy looking! I love the texture and color combos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so gorgeous, Dorrie! I want it! I love combining wool with cottons. I adore the colors black and grey/tweed. It's totally my style so I am uber inspired by your example!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dorrie! That is adorable. Beautiful choices for the wool and cottons! xo Pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dorrie i love this bag and the fabrics you chose are spot on,well done

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs