2011 Kick Off

Sunday, January 9, 2011

2011 has flown in at full force. I hope all of you enjoyed a happy holiday season. I love having the kids home, holiday music and all the special food associated with Thanksgiving and Christmas, but I'm just as happy to have it be all wrapped up for another year. Today is the first sunshine of the year~yahoo! I literally stood on our front deck and soaked up the sun. It's a chilly 51°, but still there's sunshine! I look forward to spring, the field grass grows tall and green, the mallards hatch their eggs and we have ducklings, the fruit trees blossom in pink and white; and there's an overall feeling of rebirth; the first sunny day of Winter always reminds of Spring.
I've been sewing a bit. Finished the top for my Valentine's table runner. All shades of pink with splashes of orange, purple and gray thrown in for impact.
A bit of fussy cutting too~had to include some of the Mendocino mermaids in a pink quilt. Once I quilt and bind it, it'll be a shop sample for the binding class I'm teaching in February.I've been on a bit of a bag kick lately. This is the latest. Ordered the Echino print and Olive Swing Bag pattern from Pink Chalk Studios. I love the bright, fresh print. Honey Run had this nifty button and my favorite Kaffe Fassett shot cotton for the lining. Is it too early to start thinking Spring?

I'm off to start dinner, fold one more load of laundry and check backpacks for school. Enjoy your week!

3 comments:

  1. What I wouldn't give for a sunny day with 50 degrees! Your description sure made me long for that first spring day. Love your pink string blocks! Nice to have that splash of color this time of year

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the new look and will take 51 degrees over what we have right now! lol

    the string block is beautiful! you're always so inspiring!

    happy new year and may it be overfilling with blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the string block....as well as your blog! Just found it. Awww...the joys of blogging...

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs