A Few Things. . .

Sunday, January 30, 2011

With January on it's way out, I felt I had some unfinished projects hanging over my head. I had this quilt machine quilted months ago and then it just sat. I vowed to put the binding on before February. This morning, I finished the last several stitches and ran outside with the camera to capture a few fleeting moments of precious sunshine. It was a perfect day to finish the quilt.
Also, wrapped up some VQB blocks. Every color is represented in these blocks, the finished quilt will be a well orchestrated concert of color.
Here's the Olivia Bag all done up in Valori Wells' new cotton linen collection Jenaveve. It actually traveled with HRQ to Road to California as part of the handbags display. The pattern is easy to follow and well written~and it's reversible! We have a great button selection at the shop so I chose these big metal buttons. It's a nice roomy bag and I really love the dimension the pleats give.
I've also finished a couple of mug rugs. I love the idea of having a special little cozy to have my breakfast or snack on. I received one as part of a swap I participated in, and I keep it next to my sewing machine for my water to sit on. . . so classy! I'm thinking these would make great gifts for Mother's Day and friends' birthdays; especially if I coordinate a mug to go with.

Another Monday awaits. The kids and I have counted the remaining 17 weeks of school until Summer break, we are all pretty excited. Enjoy your week~and make time to stitch something pretty!

2 comments:

  1. We love Summer Vacation! We belong to our nieghborhood pool and this year, our middle son wants to be certified as a lifeguard! LOL We're not sure how comforted we are by that fact...LOL

    The quilt is just gorgeous! I wish I had seen it before I finished Stars Over Indiana! You're always so inspiring!


    Hop you have a wonderful day with the kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all your winter productivity, especially those stars on the beautiful quilt and mug rug. I do like the mug rugs that are bigger and have a sidebar like the one you made. Cool colors too!

    BTW, love your new banner.

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs