It's Been A While

Monday, June 13, 2011

With Summer here, and hopefully, a bit more time on my hands, I can breathe some much needed life into my blog with updated, and hopefully interesting banter. Or maybe just entice you with the blackberries growing in our orchard~there are so many this year, this is one bush.
I have been sewing a bit, participating in some online swaps, finishing up some UFO's and of course adding to my stack of hexagons. These little hexies are so relaxing to make. I'm not sure what they'll end up being, a pillow, a quilt. . .
We planted our garden over a month ago, but as I'm sure you're all aware California had an unusually wet winter and spring~can you say "Welcome to Seattle!" The lakes are full and there is still visible snow on the peaks of Mt. Lassen~virtually unheard of. This left the plants tall and green, now to wait for the fruit!
Had two child-related milestones. The twins graduated from 6th grade, buckets of tears, but what a year! 12 years I was a Shasta Mom, I can't believe it's over.
Son #1 graduated from high school~tears here too, but he was definitely ready, a serious case of Senioritis. His next step begins July 11th, when he deps out to Camp Pendleton for Basic Training. I'm not sure I'm ready for that, but a Marine is what he wants to be. I've already begun writing letters to him while he's in boot camp.

All for now. Happy Monday!

1 comment:

  1. Yippee, I was so happy to see a new post on your blog! Have really missed you!

    I always love seeing what's going on around your farm. Those berries look mouth-watering. My raspberry plants have berries on them but not ripe enough yet to pick.

    Happy to see you've been able to squeeze some sewing in between everything else going on in your house these days. Congrats to your kids on their milestones. Big changes!

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs