Springtime Swaps

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Oh, how I suck at this blog posting thing! I sew, sew, sew and then neglect to post pics here. So I'll try to redeem myself, and post a bit of what's been going on in the sewing room since March! Because I know you're not all that interested in how EXTREMELY glad I am school is out for the summer! I'm so tired of homework (my kids homework). . .tangent. . .sorry. . .

I've participated in a number of swaps this Spring, and it was totally fun! Some of my secret swap partners are overseas and it has been a bucket of sneaky goodness stalking them. . .

To Give. . .
This mini quilt was made for my partner in the DS Mini Quilt Swap.  I love the prints Denyse Schmidt has released for Fabric Traditions. The aqua/blue/green colorway are my favorite~and my partner's too. This mini is on it's way to England!
Sewing machine cover, a catch-all basket and some favorite Amy Butler fabrics are my swap collaberative for Modern She Made. Scraps from my bin, a new favorite~Essex Yarn-Dyed in Flax, and a text print for Timeless Treasure made this project super fun! Part of the swap guidelines were to include something circular in the project~thus the pebble quilting. This is also on it's way to the UK.


I also participated in the Potholder Pass! This was so, so fun! My partner, loves Red and Aqua~what a coincidence, me too! So these were especially fun to make. Some applique, some embroidery~sweet! And with text print fabrics being all the rage, I used it for the background. These went to Peggy!
To Receive. . .

I've also received some REALLY great swaps. This is the min quilt I received from Charlotte. It is adorable, and I'm in love with the little tin of mints she sent along with. There is also a great little sewing kit, fun selvedge, the double decker bus magnet (which the kids fight over to hold their picture up on the fridge) and a postcard which I promptly added to my design wall~they're coming in from all over the world! Run on over and check out Charlotte's Flickr page, she's just made these AWESOME pillows from shot cottons~amazing!
These are the goodies I received from Colby in the Potholder Pass. The potholders are perfect for my kitchen! I love them! They match my cookie jar and canisters! But, I'm not using them~they are just for show. My "used" potholders look like they've been to hell and back! These are too pretty to dirty up!

A Tidbit From The Garden. . . 

I do have to share some delicious goodness from our garden. We planted a great, big bunch of strawberry plants this spring and we're already picking berries! This is a favorite right around dessert time.

Well, my summer plan is to get all caught up with my bloggy friends (Dee, Terri, etc.,) I heart you all! And some catch up time is definitely needed!



2 comments:

  1. I have missed your blog so much, so I was thrilled to see a new post today! So wonderful to see all your beautiful sewing projects over the past few months. You've made some great swap projects and had some great partners too. How fun. We planted a couple strawberry plants, but kinda late so they are struggling. Might be getting too much sun too. Welcome back! and welcome to summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eeeek! Thank you so much for the LOVELY mini and extra goodies :-D

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs