A New Beginning & Goals For Finishing

Saturday, January 16, 2016



I'm an organizer, list maker, and over-thinker by nature (just ask the family). Soooo, I thought the best way to dedicate time to sewing (and my little blog) was to get organized! And, I began by purchasing one of these. . .and some fun pens to go along with. Along with fabric, I'm also addicted to office supplies.

grab button for A Quilter's Table

The next step was to get on board with the 2016 Finish Along.

Here are project goals for Q1 Finish Along:


Make a rope bowl. Yes, I'm counting this as a UFO because I opened the package of rope. . .

Alexander Henry and Guest
Finish these oven mitt pairs. We're just finishing a kitchen remodel, and I'd love to have fresh, new oven mitts just waiting to pull something delicious from the oven.

Scrappy Aqua Tangerine
Complete the binding on this Roman Shades quilt. I'm a lover of hand binding, but this quilt just seems to go on and on, and it's not really that large–65" square.

Tula Pink Neptune and Free Spirit Solids
Finish the NEPTUNE quilt!! Put all of these blocks into a quilt top. This project has been simmering since 2012. I need to cut sashing, stitch rows together, add inner borders and at that point, reevaluate. I have quite a stack of 2 1/2" squares in Neptune left to make a middle border, hmmm. . .

Umbrella Prints and Heather Bailey's Fresh Cut
Next, finish my Sew Together Bag. This project requires immediacy, I want to take it with me to QuiltCon next month!! I unfortunately don't have any purse zippers in the colors I need, as I like the wider zipper tape and larger pulls, but these colors work well.  This is the first time to use Annie's Soft 'n Stable as the outer bag interfacing, I'm hoping all goes well!

That's the list!  I'm linking up with Debbie over at A Quilter's Table. Stop by and look at all of the linky love!

4 comments:

  1. Wow finding these quilters planners all over blog land. I have not been blogging much in the last year but I am hoping joining this group will get me motivated again. Looking forward to seeing your finishes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great projects and I totally agree that some hand binding seems to take forever for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so looking forward to seeing the Neptune quilt completed. I should really cut in my Neptune collection, too - maybe this will inspire me to finally start :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blog looks absolutely darling! I love your list and you know I am a list maker too. I can't wait to see that rope bowl. You are one talented Momma! And a fab friend, too. smooch! Pam

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs